Battleground (PvP Help)
The Battle Under the Trees is the culmination of encroaching
forces from Dol Guldur trespassing in Thranduil's domain. The orcs
and easterlings are on Thranduil's doorstep - will they prevail or
will the elves maintain their territory? This battleground is the
deciding factor in the fight and both sides will take any help that
they can get!
The battleground occurs between one and two day uptime, and the
time is visible prior to the fight. Moral players can sign up at
Radagast in Rhosgobel, while servants and ERs sign up in the Dol
Guldur courtyard. Additionally, evil FRs can opt to 'pledge' to
Dol Guldur in order to serve on that side of the fight. The winning
side receives two effects directly after the match:
- Increased movement speed for the remaining duration of the reboot.
- Increased passive regeneration for twelve hours after the fight.
These rewards apply to the entire winning 'side', and will activate
upon logging in.
Equipment is restricted in the battleground - nothing can be
taken in or out. Everyone is on equal footing, and much of the
equipment found inside is too strong to exist in the rest of the
game. Death is also not enabled in the battleground; players that
'die' are knocked unconscious and transported to their side's camp.
There are several objectives in the battleground, but the primary
goal is to defeat the other side's leader. In addition to this,
- Defeat enemy NPCs, loot their gear, and buy gear from their shop.
- Take enemy 'protection points', that control how players can move
throughout the area.
- Engage in PVP against enemy combatants.
- Team up and defeat the enemy leader.