Boats (Objects Help)
Boats are useful devices of an obvious nature: they cross water. In
your travels around Middle-Earth, you will find many places are blocked
to you by water. But with your trusty boat, you will be able to cross
most rivers that flow through the wilds of the great outdoors. Not only
that, but you will also find that some areas of Middle-Earth are ONLY
accessible by boat: islands, shipwrecks, sandbars and the like.
Boats in Middle-Earth are small, for their portability, and you
will most often only be able to fit yourself into your boat. Many of
them are still too heavy to be carried around, though; only a select
few you can carry on your back.
- board <boat> - Puts you on the boat.
- tip <boat> - Tries to capsize the boat, if it is in water.
Once you are in the boat, you can do the following:
- launch <direction> - Launches the boat into neighbouring water room.
- launch here - Launches the boat in the same room (works for
land-water rooms, like bridges or shores).
- go <direction> - Moves the boat (while in the water, of course).
This naturally works as well with just typing
the water exit names, such as "n" or "s".
- land <direction> - Lands the boat on the nearby land area.
- land here - Lands the boat in the same room (land-water
- disembark - Gets you off the boat and onto dry land.
- ditch - Gets you off the boat and into the water!