Cards (Objects Help)
In various quest sites in Arda you may find decks of cards. They
are usually not the main quest reward, but a side one obtainable with
less effort. The purpose of these decks is to allow players play any
card game they would want to.
Once you have a deck of cards in your hands, you may use the
- cmds - Print detailed command help.
- random - Pull a random card from the deck, show it, and stick it
back into the deck.
- prepare deck - Prepares the deck of cards for a game.
- view [deal|discard] - Turn deal/discard viewing on or off. Typing
"view" with no arguments will show you the current value of this flag.
- flip [table] - Used with no arguments to flip a card in your hand.
Flip "table" to flip a card on the table.
- deal <player> [#] [up|down] - Deal a number of cards (default 1) to a
player and deal it face up or face down (so that even they cannot look
at it). Defaults to up. Deal to "table" to deal a card onto the table.
- shuffle [all|table] - Shuffles the discard pile or all of the cards
(including cards currently in players' hands). Defaults to just the
- dealer <person> - Make a new person the dealer.
- gather cards - Gathers all the cards back up.
When you have been dealt a hand of cards, you may:
- show <card|hand> - Shows a card or your hand to the room.
- discard <card|hand> - Discards the entire hand, or just one card,
to be picked.
- pass <person> - Pass a card to another player.
- place <card|hand> - Place a card or your entire hand on the table.
- pickup card - Take a card from the table.