Professions (Professions Help)
Professions are one of the most important aspects of T2T. In addition
to their roleplaying possibilities, they also have a huge effect on which
abilities a character is good at. While it is possible for a character
to use almost any ability, those not belonging to his or her profession
will be much more difficult to do effectively (if at all). In other words,
a player wishing to cast a lot of spells should create a wizard or
necromancer, or else they will have a very frustrating time. The same
applies to any desired professional ability. This may be mitigated to an
extent with secondary skills; see 'help skills2'.
To join a particular profession, you will need to seek a trainer NPC:
they are usually located in towns and should be easy to find. However,
if you are still in doubt feel free to ask the newbiehelpers for guidance!
Once at a trainer, type 'study' to join his or her profession. See 'help trainers' for information about other available trainer commands.
This is a list of the available professions:
- Archer - Skilled in the usage of bow, archers can wreak havoc on their
enemies with their arrows.
- Assassin - Attacking while unseen, assassins are the primary PvP
profession on The Two Towers due to their 'hunt' ability.
- Rider - Masters of horses and other creatures, riders are unmatched in
combat when astride a mount.
- Thief - While not very proficient in combat skills, thieves are known
to be able to amass amazing amounts of gold in very short time.
- Warrior - The most powerful fighters in Arda, warriors are the masters
of close combat.
- Civilian - The starting profession of all Free Race players, civilians
do not have any special skills. Players who decide to continue
levelling up as civilians usually do so for the challenge involved.
- Ranger - At home in the wilderness, rangers master their survival skills
such as the ability to heal themselves and others.
- Wizard - Powerful spellcasters, wizards can use a wide range of spells
which make them a very versatile profession.
- Minion - The starting profession of all Evil Race players, minions do
not have any special skills. Players who decide to continue levelling
up as minions usually do so for the challenge involved.
- Necromancer - Sauron's spellcasters, necromancers specialize in dark
magic that lets them control the flow of the life force.
- Sniffer - The recon troops of Sauron, sniffers specialize in stealthy
combat, sniffing their enemies and prowling them while unseen.
Some professions have extra requirements for admission. To learn
more about each, just type 'help <profession>'.