Stones (Roleplaying/Games Help)
The game of "stones" is a two-player board game where players try
to capture their stones. There are two copies of this game: one is
located in the bar in Combe, and the other is in the passhouse of a
mountain pass north of Turseg.
During the course of the game, players alternate and place their
pieces, called stones, on the 18x18 board. The rules are as follows:
- Only one stone can occupy a square at a time.
- To win, a player must get a five-in-a-row or capture five pairs.
- Valid lines are horizontal, vertical, and diagonal.
- Only pairs can be captured, not a single stone, or groups of stones
greater than two.
- A pair capture happens in an active sense. When a player places a
stone on one side of their opponent's pair and already has a stone
on the other side of the pair, the opponent's pair is considered
For more details and the exact syntax of commands used to play, visit
the Combe bar or the passhouse.