Titles (Rules and Policies)
High level characters and immortals have the ability to set their
own titles, using the command:
set TITLE <your title>
The titles will generally appear in your 'score' and on 'who' list as
you entered them. There is just one special substitution to be aware of:
- You may use "<align>" in your title to insert your alignment.
We strongly encourage you to choose a *thematic* title that adds to
your character's role-playing development, and enhances the general
ambience of The Two Towers.
Rules on titles:
- Profane titles are strictly forbidden. Violations will be dealt with
swiftly and harshly. Please, don't even think about it.
- Pseudo profane titles are forbidden (in other words, don't be an a$$).
- Titles are not to be used to harass other players or immortals.
- Titles are not to be used as advertisements, awareness campaigns,
political statements and the like. Keep it T2T-oriented.
- Titles should not make a character appear to be from another body of
fiction, nor a person from real life. For example, while the character
name of 'Johnny' is acceptable, setting a surname of 'Appleseed' and
a title of 'Traveler and Horticulturist' would not be acceptable.
Please understand that we have no desire to be "title cops", but do
have the responsibility of maintaining a clean, harassment-free gaming
environment in the Tolkien universe. If you aren't sure about whether
your title is acceptable, it means it is probably not. However, you
can always... ask!