Boards (Objects Help)
The bulletin boards scattered around Arda are yet another form of
communication that is available for you. Most boards are represented as
a stationary object in the room; you can distinguish them by the text
following their short description, like "[25 notes, 25 new]".
All boards share the same commands:
- post [<title>] - Post a new note. Default title is '<no title>'.
To end a note, leave a period (.) on a line by
- post [in <language>] <title> - Post a new note in a language you know;
note that the syntax is very specific. A title
is required in this case.
- read board - List all of the notes on the board; in many cases,
just 'look board' will have the same effect.
- read <num> - Read a specified note.
- reply <num> [<tl>] - Reply to specified note. Default title is
'Re: old title'
- remove <num> - Remove a specified note (only if you posted it).
- edit <num> - Edit text of a specified note (only if you posted
- bsearch <text> - Search for notes containing given text.
- archives - List all archived notes for this board.
- archives <num> - View an archived note.
- bsearch [-archives] <text> - Search archives for given text.
At any time when '<num>' is a potential argument, specify the number
of a current note, use 'current' to refer to the last note you manipulated,
or 'next' to refer to the next note on the board.
As boards are a public form of communication, board notes are subject
to 'help comm policy'. This applies to guild boards as well.