Gossiper (Objects Help)
The gossiper is the mud-wide method of communication between players.
They're mostly old, senile fuddy duddies who like to tell rumours that
other adventurers have left with them. Gossipers are most often found in
taverns, but some may take their residence at town squares. You may also
come across one travelling on a road in the wilderness.
Gossipers are implemented as in-game "boards" and work in exactly same
way, albeit with slightly different commands. These commands are as
- gossip <title> - To leave a rumour with the gossipers
- hear gossiper - To list all the rumours available (usually just
looking at the gossiper would work too).
- hear <number> - To hear a specific rumour.
- reply <number> [title] - To reply to a rumour.
- deny <number> - To deny your own rumour and have it removed.
- alter <number> - To alter the text of your own rumour.
- bsearch <text> - To search rumours for given text.
- archives - To list all of the archived rumours.
- archives <number> - To hear a specific archived rumour.
- bsearch -archives <criteria> - To search archived rumours.
Instead of <number>, "current" can be used for the last gossip you've
heard, or "next" can be used for the next gossip to hear.