Poker (Roleplaying/Games Help)
While poker is not a very popular game in the higher ranks of the
society, you may find some of the more shady character of Arda staging
games of poker in which players can participate. In particular, one such
den is in the besieged city in Dale. This game can only be played against
an NPC; to play poker with other players, see "help cards".
The rules of the game are as follows:
- Player must 'ante in' in the game by paying 20 gold.
- Both players are dealt a hand of 5 cards.
- Players may raise their bet, up to a total of 80 gold (including the
- Players may 'draw' additional cards, replacing ones from their hand.
Up to 4 card may be drawn.
- When the card drawing is done, the player may 'call' to compare their
hand to opponents. The one with 'higher' hand claims the contents
of the pot.
The hand values are as follows, from the best to the worst:
- Straight flush
- Four of a kind
- Full house
- Three of a kind
- Two pairs
- One pair
- Highest card
To learn the exact syntax of commands used to play poker, visit the
den in Dale.