Namechange (General Help)
The Two Towers offers the option of changing your name once in a
lifetime. To use this feature, you must satisfy the following
- You must not be a member of a guild or clan.
- You must not have any outstanding fines or subpoenas.
- You must not have committed any crimes within the 7 days previous
to your attempt to change name. Currently, arresting people
will also count towards this.
With this satisfied, you can change your name at the following places:
- Free Race characters will be allowed to board a ship from Grey Havens
leaving for Valinor.
- Evil Race characters will be allowed to board a wagon from Tarzhayan
leaving for Barad-dûr.
- Servants of Sauron may board a wagon from Gothmog's staging grounds.
This is a once in a lifetime change and cannot be reversed; we can't
stress this enough. You must choose your name wisely. If you make a silly
choice at the end of the journey, you will have to live with it for the
rest of your character's lifetime.
If you choose an inappropriate name through the namechange, it will
be dealt with by the Power of Law.
This feature is intended for you to be able to change your name in
the case of a poor decision when first creating the character, or to
reflect your gameplay. It is not intended so you can change your identity
and undertake any harassment or other rule-breaking activities. The use
of this feature comes with responsibility, and it is assumed you are using
the feature with the intention of enhancing your experience on The Two
Bear in mind that a namechange effectively means that you will log off
and log on as a new character (even though you might not notice that), with
full consequences. That is, you will lose your innrooms, mounts, wagons,
etc. If you want your wagon and/or mount kept, you will have to give it to
a friend so you can later get it back.