System commands (Command Help)
Apart from commands used to actually play the game, there are some
related directly to the MUD as a computer system and also used to
communicate with the Ainur. These commands are:
- news - Allows you to browse and read all the major news about the MUD
posted by the Ainur.
- updates - Displays the minor gameplay updates made recently by
- uptime - Displays the time since last reboot.
- mudtime - Displays the MUD server's time (EST / EDT).
- save - Saves your character. This is hardly needed unless you are
really paranoid about the MUD crashing (which really, really does not
happen often); your character is automatically saved every 15
minutes and when you quit anyway.
- resume - Command for use in mailrooms; when you are writing a mail
you can be interrupted by combat (usually of PvP nature). Once
you have dealt with your enemy, you may "resume" your mail text
- mudvote - A command that reminds you about voting for the MUD on MUD
listing sites: TopMudSites and MudConnector. Note that it only
reminds; it doesn't vote for you!
- vote - A command that brings up the player voting system, if there are
any pending votes. The Administration can add them to poll players'
opinion of something or to conduct a survey. Note that if there are
any pending votes while you log on, you will be "forced" into the
vote command (although with an option to quit right away), so there
usually is little need for you to use this command.
- law, harass - Commands for reporting rule-breaking to the
- warnings - Displays formal warnings issued by the Ainur to you for
your incorrect behaviour. If you gather enough warnings, you risk
removal of your character from the game.
- bug, idea, typo, commend - Submit a report about a problem you have
encountered in the game to the Ainur.
- dev - Displays the game features that are currently in-development
as well as lists the current administrative staff.
- prop - Lists public Valinor proposals and lets you view them. For
now, they are the past petitions submitted by players. Note: the
petition system is no longer active.
- survey - Lists and lets you vote and comment on various surveys
posted by the Administration.
- newbiehelper - The newbiehelper interface command. This command
lets you view the currently enlisted newbiehelpers and also lets
you apply to become one.
- immort - Lets you apply to become an Ainu. We constantly need new
staff and will welcome your help in maintaining and expanding the
MUD. Note that only experienced players are allowed to use this
command; we want our staff to know what they are working with!
- hibernate - Locks your character account for a specified period
of time in case you need to take a longer break from playing.
It is not reversible, so think twice before using this!
- suicide, depart - PERMANENTLY destroys your character.